Translater

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Battlefield 3, is it becoming like COD?

What is happening to the Battlefield?

Oh Battlefield, the game of wits, and guns... but more guns now. But those guns would be useless without some sort of intelligence behind the trigger. That's where tactics come in. Knowing when to shoot is an important part of that. Is the enemy alone, running across an open area, while some of your squad mates are behind you? Fire away. But is he running in a squad, with a helicopter overhead covering them, not a good idea to pull the trigger. But, after playing Battlefield 3 recently after playing exclusively with friends, i noticed, that people just shoot. i was pinned down behind a stone wall, it slowly chipping away while an enemy machine gunner was laying it into me. I saw a ally on the mini-map and thought, thank goodness. He ran past me, I thought, okay, maybe he'll hit him from the side. Nope. By the time he got around to get the cinematic knife, I was dead. In the death-cam, I saw him stab the gunner, he was a medic. he didn't even revive me. He just ran off to collect more dog-tags. It was this, as well as other incidents, that have saddened my heart. Pilots flying helicopters into allies, allies shooting allies, constantly camping snipers. It reminds me, unfortunately, of Call of Duty. Expansions, such as Close Quarters and the evil Premium system, which actually turned me off it for a decent deal of time, have only reinforced it. Have all the Call of Duty players swarmed into Battlefield 3? That seems to be the logical conclusion. BUT, as long as there are some tactical gamers left in battlefield 3, It will still be tactical. this is not to say that it's bad, it's just saying that some of the people playing it are bad.

Is this the future of Battlefield 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment